September 17, 2013
Scheduled for earlier this week , the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) will be holding an “Active Shooter Workshop” in Washington, DC.
It appears that this workshop is a little too late. The shooting has already happened.
Alexei Pushkov, chair of the foreign affairs committee for the Russian government commented that “a new shootout at Navy headquarters in Washington – a lone gunman and 7 corpses. Nobody’s even surprised anymore.”
Pushkov tweeted: “The USA should part with the notion of American exceptionalism. It contradicts the principles of equal rights and smells of political racism.”
Various politicians on Capitol Hill voiced their wish for prayers for the dead and families of the victims.
President Obama said that he is mourning “yet another mass shooting” on victims who were “courageous Americans” who would not have expected this type of “unimaginable violence” in the US.
Questions about how the gunman gained access to the Naval Sea Systems Command headquarters (NSSCH) have revealed that “along southeast Washington’s Anacostia River front, military personnel and contractors can gain access to the grounds without being searched as long as they possess a valid pass.”
Anonymous officials say that “additional security checks are required to get into specific buildings, including at Naval Sea Systems Command headquarters, where Monday’s shootings took place. But anyone with a valid pass can enter without being searched, unless the base is on heightened security.”
Conveniently, a Navy employee ID card was found near the location of the shooting – much like the passport of the 9/11 hijacker that survived the explosion and landed safely a few blocks away just waiting to be discovered by authorities.
An unidentified official told a federal law enforcement supervisor who told the media that “the picture on the ID card does not appear to match the alleged gunman, who was shot in a gun battle with police and ‘died en route to the hospital’.”
Tim Jirus, commander for the US Navy said that “muffled shots” prompted him to evacuate his department.
Jirus said: “It sounded like a cap gun going off. A small caliber, if anything. Then about a minute or two after that, somebody was running through the hallway saying ‘Hey, everybody, get out of the building.’ I wanted to get everybody out of the building. We walked out.”
This new development has spawned the “operating theory” that this incident was perpetuated by a lone shooter because they “haven’t found a terror nexus.”
Moreover, one report stated that the lone shooter has been identified as Aaron Alexis who is “a 34-year-old government civilian contractor from Fort Worth, Texas, who was new to the Washington, DC area.”
Anonymous federal law enforcement claims that Alexis may have “used the identification badge of another person to gain access to the base.”
A motive for the why Alexis would shoot 12 or 13 people (depending on which media outlet version you choose to read).
New Zealand media is reporting that Alexis “ served full-time in the Navy from 2007 – 2011”, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) and the Pentagon.
Alexis’ rank was of an “Aviation Electrician’s Mate 3rd Class and had served full-time in a logistics support squadron in Forth Worth.”
Cathy Lanier, chief of police for the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) explained that they were looking for a “white male” how was reported to have “a handgun in the vicinity of the shooting”; however this man was ruled out as having been “been identified and is not a suspect or person of interest.”
To add to the confusion , Lanier was quoted as saying at a press conference that “one of the suspected shooters is dead” and authorities are “looking for two other possible suspects wearing military style clothing.”
Lanier said: “The big concern for us right now is that we have potentially two other shooters that we have not located at this point.”
Lanier “described one of the possible shooters as a white male wearing what appeared to be a khaki tan military uniform and a beret, and carrying a handgun. She said police also are looking for a black man, about 50, wearing an olive military-style uniform, and possessing a ‘long gun’.”
In later reports, Lanier stated that Alexis was the African-American male who was “killed by law enforcement officers in a fire fight about two hours after the shooting began.”
The dead were quoted as an estimated 12 people, including Alexis.
DC Mayor Vincent Gray said that authorities “do not have any evidence to think” that this shooting was terroristic in nature; however it is still a “horrific tragedy.”
Gray said: “As far as we know, this is an isolated incident.”
Beyond initial reports on the shooting at the NSSCH this week, Ed Zeigler, director of public affairs for the naval District in Washington, DC explained that there were 2 suspected shooters who were “down”.
Zeigler would not confirm to mainstream media (MSM) whether there were more than one gunman.
It was relayed through police that a “gunman dressed in all black fired shots inside the Navy Yard, injuring at least 10 people.”
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) sent “team of about 20 special agents to the scene” who were the “same group that helped apprehend Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.”
Chris Kelly, spokesperson for the police described the gunman as “adult male, about 6 feet tall with a bald head and medium complexion, dressed in a black top and black jeans.”
Earlier reports said that the gunman was an African-American male.
First responders to the shooting included:
• The Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI)
• US Capitol Police
• Various emergency personnel
Eight schools in the vicinity were placed on lockdown and flights were suspended at Reagan National Airport (RNA) by the Federal Aviation Administration.
President Obama released a statement regarding the shooting: “The President has been briefed several times about the unfolding situation at the Washington Navy Yard by Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism (HSC) Lisa Monaco and Deputy Chief of Staff Alyssa Mastromonaco. The President directed his team to stay in touch with our federal partners, including the Navy and FBI, as well as the local officials. We urge citizens to listen to the authorities and follow directions from the first responders on site.”
Janis Orlowski, chief medical officer of the Medstar Washington Hospital Center (MWHC) said that victims of the shooting have been taken to the hospital; one man and two women.
Orlowski indicated “there were other shooting victims at the Navy Yard who would not be transported to hospitals because they are ‘deceased’.”
She went on to say that “the weapon or weapons used in the shooting ‘had to be semi-automatic’ based on descriptions by the three people admitted at Medstar” and that “they described rapid gunfire at the Navy Yard.”
Other MSM outlets claim that “at least four people in addition to the shooter were killed and at least eight were wounded.”
Still more MSM reports said that “at least six people are dead in the shooting rampage at the Washington, DC Navy Yard.
Three have been taken to MedStar Washington Medical Center with severe injuries, but they’re expected to pull through. A Navy official says at least one shooter is dead. There were reports of a second shooter.”
Conflicting stories stated that “3 victims at MedStar Hospital in DC. 1 shot in legs, 1 in shoulder, 1 in head & hand. All expected to survive.”
Lieutenant Greg Raelson, spokesman for the NSSCH admitted: “There could be more than one shooter. That’s possible. We’re receiving conflicting reports.”